Orin Aya take place at HOMERULE RAINFOREST LODGE, amazing property located just outside Rossville in Far north Queensland. Rossville is located north of the Daintree and Cape Tribulation just past the Bloomfield track, approximately 300 KM NORTH OF CAIRNS and 40km south of Cooktown.
COOKTOWN is the nearest town north where you can get internet and PHONE RECEPTION, also you can find some SMALL SHOPS for food and camping gear.
If you driving FROM CAIRNS, the LAST BIG TOWN you meet is MAREEBA, approximately 240 km from the site.
The FESTIVAL SITE is embraced by CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER creek and CROCS FREE water holes.
About 20 MINS WALK far away FROM THE FESTIVAL, hidden in the most beautiful rainforest you can find the MOST MAGIC SACRED WATERFALL.
Also on site you will find the ACCESS TO CEDAR BAY. Mangkalba (Cedar Bay), Ngalba Bulal National Park is the traditional country of the Eastern Kuku Yalanji Aboriginal community. Amazing walking track perfect to be done just after the festival with a bunch of friends or as a couple as a relaxing private time together.
What else you find on site?
Pure drinking water,
Swimming water creeks and waterfalls
Food stalls with cold drinks and yummy hot and cold food
Market stall selling clothes, jewellers and more
The coast road is considered the more scenic of the two routes, especially 4WD is highly recommended.
- Leaving Cairns you travel north to the Daintree River, cross the river via ferry (there is a fee, $18 one way), then continue through the Daintree Wet Tropics rainforest to Cape Tribulation.
- After Cape Tribulation the road becomes 4WD and climbs over the range (very steep with rocky creeks to cross) for 32kms until Bloomfield, cross the Bloomfield River bridge at Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Community and travel the now sealed road north through Ayton and along the edge of Cedar Bay National Park before reaching Rossville.
- Turn right at the centre of Rossville into River Road for the 3kms to Home Rule Rainforest Lodge. The scenery is spectacular all the way! Please be careful of the wildlife on the road.
This road is 100kms longer than the coastal road, however is a similar in travel time and it is very easy access for all vehicles.
- From Cairns take the road to Mareeba via the Kuranda Range.
- From Mareeba head to Mt Molloy and take the Mulligan Highway through Mt Carbine and past the Palmer River Roadhouse to Lakeland.
-At Lakeland continue along the Cooktown Developmental Road/Mulligan Highway, past Little Annan Gorge, as far as the right turn into the coast road, Shiptons Flat Road, just before Black Mountain National Park.
-Travel south along the Shiptons Flat Road past the historic Lion’s Den Hotel (4kms) to the Bloomfield track to Rossville (9kms). At the centre of Rossville, left turn into River Road for the 3kms to Home Rule Rainforest Lodge and the Festival grounds.
- This 3kms is a gravel road suitable for 2WD
Drive safe,enjoy the surrounding and be careful to wild life!